Affinity Health Services is hiring a Regional Director of Operations/Corporate Compliance Officer.
Job Summary: Plan, direct, coordinate and evaluate the operations of the facilities and the corporation in general. Develop and implement policies and procedures for the operations of the managed communities, guide and direct administrators, marketing, finance, clinical and HR functions. Be responsible for operational performance and budget. May at times operate in a consulting capacity for consulting clients. May participate and support company growth and marketing related functions.
Qualifications: This position requires the incumbent to possess sound management and organizational skills. The Regional Director of Operations will possess a current NHA license to practice in state (s) where facilities are located. Minimum five (5) years of facility administration.
- Current Nursing Home Administrators license required; interest and expertise in gerontology
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or equivalent/relevant field
- Possess management ability including skills in written and verbal communication, reasoning and coaching
- Understanding management, delegation and motivational concepts
- Possess a high degree of qualities in leadership, initiative, good judgment, transparency, organizational skills and dependability
- Provides evidence of experience in knowledge in the area of finance, governmental regulations, policy formulation, public relations, marketing, health law and organizational management
Essential Functions: Complies with established Corporate and Departmental policies and procedures, and maintains established standards and practices.
- Work diligently to work closely with facility administrators to:
- Contain costs, staffing, overtime, agency, and efficiencies of the departments within the communities.
- Monitor capital expenditures for cost, need, priority and approvals.
- Closely monitor cash flow.
- Closely monitor and ensure compliance with credit and collection policies for Accounts Receivable.
- Resolve personnel problems and staffing issues with HR and facility administrators.
- Provide the necessary guidance to promote a positive image of the corporation and its facilities.
- Provide the necessary guidance to ensure that the quality of care exceeds the expectation of regulatory authorities and reflects the culture of caring.
- Closely monitor compliance with Department of Labor, OSHA, OIG and laws and regulations.
- Work with facility staff to establish and maintain an effective safety committee.
- Hires, directs and evaluates the Executive Directors, Nursing Home Administrators, and Personal Care Home Administrators for assigned accounts.
- Participates and directs recruitment, selection and monitoring of key leadership team that reports to the Administrators for assigned accounts.
- Documents problem areas for the administrators and corporate support personnel and provide constructive performance evaluations and/or goal setting objectives
- Provide a leadership style consistent with the WE CARE philosophy and core values of Affinity Health Services, Inc. which includes Open Communication, empowerment and empathetic service to the residents under our care. Serve as the lead for the WE CARE philosophy and conduct facility level training.
- Ensure appropriate safety programs related to residents, staff and physical plant and equipment are in place.
- In consultation with finance, directs and supervises budgets and budget compliance for assigned communities.
- Participates in providing leadership in campus repositioning to address the ongoing present and future industry trends and needs making each community viable.
- Be the lead or guide the lead project manager to resolution of problems including for assigned communities:
- Census growth
- Recruitment and retention problems
- Low reimbursement rates
- Survey Management
- Star Rating
- Report Cards/ LOS/Prehospitalization Rates
- Manage and direct the quality of care of the residents and the regulatory requirements for skilled nursing, personal care homes, Independent Living and CCRC’s.
- Supervise the reimbursement component for proper payments to the facility that are fully compliant with the laws governing these reimbursement practices
- Review, revise, and continually update the Triple A manual for clinical, finance, HR, and marketing in conjunction with AHS corporate staff.
- Ensure Triple A reviews are complete and appropriate follow up is documented with resolution.
- Serve as the Compliance Office for AHS managing stakeholder concerns and feedback.
- Manage HIPAA and associated risk assessment across AHS managed communities in accordance with state and federal laws.
- In conjunction with Clinical Services Coordinator manage and direct all consulting projects.
- Assure that department meetings, employee meetings, resident council, family council, QAPI are being held and minutes kept/reviewed for follow-up for assigned facilities.
- Make rounds in each full-managed facility at least once each month.
- Coordinate the negotiation of union contract and monitor grievances in conjunction with Senior Vice President of Operations.
- Performs other functions as directed by the President/CEO and Senior Vice President of Operations.
The benefit package includes health care benefits, pension program, paid vacation/holidays, and a supportive work environment.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to Rebecca Young, Director of HR at RYoung@affinityhealthservices.net
THANKS for your interest in joining the team at Affinity!
ABOUT AFFINITY HEALTH SERVICES
Affinity Health Services provides full service management and consulting services to skilled nursing facilities, personal care homes, and continuing care retirement communities across the commonwealth. As times continue to be lean and challenges mount for senior living, Affinity continues to be successful due to our approach and commitment to our WE CARE philosophy.
Affinity is looking for a talented individual to assume a key leadership position in our organization! If you are interested in a quality organization that balances care with financial stability, we are the fit for you.
For more information on Affinity, visit our website at www.affinityhealthservices.net.