ABOUT AFFINITY HEALTH SERVICES
Affinity Health Services provides full service management and consulting services to skilled nursing facilities, personal care homes, and continuing care retirement communities across the commonwealth. As times continue to be lean and challenges mount for senior living, Affinity continues to be successful due to our approach and commitment to our WE CARE philosophy.
Affinity is looking for a talented individual to assume a key leadership position in our organization! If you are interested in a quality organization that balances care with financial stability, we are the fit for you.
For more information on Affinity, visit our website at www.affinityhealthservices.net.
VP OF FINANCIAL OPERATIONS/CFO POSITION
As a key member of the Executive Management team, the Vice President Financial Operations/CFO will report to the Senior VP of Operations/COO and assume a strategic role in the overall management of Affinity-managed facilities and contribute, as appropriate, to consulting clients. This role will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, job costing, and negotiations, investor relationships with private and institutional financing. Direct reports include a team of four financial professionals.
TOP AREAS OF FOCUS FOR OUR VP OF FINANCIAL OPERATIONS/CFO
- Provides leadership in the development of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Ensure credibility of finance staff by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends, and forecasts.
- Take hands-on leadership role for implementing and maintaining evaluation of financial statements.
- Directs and oversees all aspects of the finance and accounting functions of the organization.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies, and regulatory action.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with senior executives so as to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
- Provides executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Provides recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Establishes and oversees policies and procedures for internal audit. Monitor and/or conduct internal audits and assess Corporate Compliance Standards as it relates to accounting and financial compilation.
- Monitors investment activities.
- Monitors the administration of established procedures pertaining to accounting, auditing, the budget, the preparation and payment of payrolls and accounts receivable.
- Ensures effective internal controls are in place and functional and ensures compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Participates as requested/necessary in interviews of prospective employees, evaluations, disciplinary actions and terminations related to operational finance.
- Provide orientation and training programs for facility-level accounting and business office staff related to accounting, bookkeeping, and financial compilation processes and practices, as directed. Assist with the orientation of newly hired accounting and finance staff for managed and consulting clients.
- Develop knowledge of regulations, accounting guidelines, and other technical areas related to the accounting, financial compilation, cost report, and audit processes through seminars, publications and associations with peers in the industry.
- Understanding of the financial and accounting needs and requirements of nursing home, personal care, and senior living provider operations.
- Strong problem solving, creativity, and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results- orientation.
- Represent the facility, management team, and the Board of Directors/Governing Body in a positive, professional, trustworthy, and forthcoming manner.
- Adheres to and upholds all regulations and recommendations of the Department of Health, Department of Public Welfare, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, and any other applicable governing entities.
This position will be located at Affinity Health Services corporate headquarters in Indiana, PA, and can utilize a home office location as necessary. Regular travel throughout Pennsylvania is required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
BS in Accounting or Finance, MBA and/or CPA highly desirable. 10+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles in the healthcare field, preferably in long term care.
Receives supervision and direction from the Sr. VP of Operations/COO and President. Reports directly to the Sr. VP of Operations/COO.
The benefit package includes health care benefits, pension program, paid vacation/holidays, and a supportive work environment.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to Mary Kate Bartley, Director of HR at email@example.com.
THANKS for your interest in joining the team at Affinity!